I am always looking for a good make up base. Just like concealers and foundations, make-up base is a must have for me.
First of, I love myself some SPF and I am always on the lookout for products that could double as a primer to lessen the layer of products that I apply on my face.
About the product:
Powerful, yet delectably moist
● SPF 50+ / PA++++
● Smooth gel without that roughness or stickiness characteristic of most sunscreens. Recommended for those who prefer a light, refreshing sunscreen.
Splash it on like a facial lotion – also serves as a make-up base
● Gel breaks down into a watery texture as you smooth it over your skin. After using face wash, this is all you need for complete skincare and UV protection.
*Can also be used after your usual facial lotion and other skincare products.
● Serves as a moisturizing make-up base with UV protection. Infuses your skin with moisture, helping your foundation to sit better and last longer.
● Use it on your body, as well as your face.
Skincare gel with 85% beautifying ingredients
● This pleasant watery gel contains 85% beautifying ingredients.
Easily portable tube format
● Sunscreen is most effective when reapplied frequently. Comes in an easily portable tube that makes it simple to adjust the amount you apply, so it’s perfect for reapplying sunscreen when you’re out and about.
It contains 40g of product.
When I first got this, it is the only sunblock that I was reaching for. As you can see from the photo above, it dispenses into this pearlescent gel that melts into the skin clear leaving with just a lovely sheen to the skin.
It doesnt break my foundation, it makes my skin incredibly glossy and it dries out perfectly smooth as if I didn’t add a layer of product on my face which is good because it will let the foundation adhere better on to my skin.
It doesn’t smoothen out the pores since it is not a pore refining product but it will leave your face feeling smooth kind of like when you apply skincare.
I love that it doesn’t feel heavy and I love that I can use it either underneath or over my foundation.
If I would be wearing this underneath I would simply apply this all over my face.
As a strobing cream, I would apply this with a dampened sponge and dab it on to the high points of my cheeks. It will melt on top of my foundation and give a nice juicy and wet glow.
I also love that it is in a tube packaging which I think is more hygienic.
I am not an expert on sunblocks. I will research about them before I give more information about it BUT I do know that the higher the SPF the better and the higher PA+ means the longer you could stay in the sun without applying it on to your skin. Don’t quote me on that, it is just my understanding on how it works.
Again, I picked this up in Japan last year.
According to the website it retails for 700 yen BUT I know CANMAKE is locally available in Landmark Department stores. I am just not sure how much it retails for.
Will I repurchase? definitely!